Thursday, January 19, 2006

Evan had day 2 of chemo today and will have a day of radiation tomorrow and then should be good to go for the transplant on Monday. Hopefully his body doesn't reject it. His cousin donated the stem cells today. They had to put her under and take a hollow needle and get it from her pelvic bone. She said it wasn't so bad. I'm just glad things are going well so far.

I've been having contractions a lot lately. I don't know if it's the whole irritable uterus thing or stress or being too active or what. I had them all night after I went to WalMart with Corinne and then I drank lots of water and rested and they went away. I didn't have many yesterday, but I really didn't do much. Today I've had them all day and I really haven't done much, but I had a long talk with my mom which stressed me out and I don't know if that did it or what. I've been drinking tons of water and I've been resting since about 6:30. I'm still having them but they aren't regular and they don't hurt. My back has been a little achy for the past couple of days and I think I lost my plug a week and a half ago or so. My friend Liz said she thinks I'm having this baby early because she's noticed a certain "edge" to me lately. I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I just don't want him to be born so early that he will have to spend time in NICU because if that's the case, he'll be transported to U of M after he's born and I'll be at St. Joe's. Stupid insurance.

1 comment:

jkhenson said...

Good Luck, Christy. You and Jacob are in my prayers. Evan is, too. I hope the contractions stop for a while. When is the due date? Take care, Jen